|Considered the classic XTC album, remixed (new stereo & 5.1 surround) by Steven Wilson.
Format: CD / Cat No: 0633367786920 / Released: 14/10/2016
Track Listing: 1. Summer’s Cauldron / 2. Grass / 3. The Meeting Place / 4. That’s Really Super, Supergirl / 5. Ballet for a Rainy Day / 6. 1000 Umbrellas / 7. Season Cycle / 8. Earn Enough for Us / 9. Big Day / 10. Another Satellite / 11. Mermaid Smiled / 12. The Man Who Sailed Around His Soul / 13. Dear God / 14. Dying / 15. Sacrificial Bonfire / Bonus tracks: 16. Extrovert / 17. Let’s Make a Den / 18. The Troubles / 19. Little Lighthouse
More information: A virtual boxed set on a single Blu-Ray disc. Also includes CD with 4 additional tracks from the sessions, 3 previously unreleased. Skylarking is the fourth in a series of remixed and expanded XTC albums. For many music fans, the band’s Todd Rundgren produced 8th album is *the* classic XTC album, and therefore the one for which there has been the most demand for a 5.1 surround mix. The album has been remixed in both new stereo and 5.1 surround sound by Steven Wilson with input from Andy Partridge, and is fully approved by XTC.
The CD features the new stereo mix, and 4 additional tracks from the sessions, 3 of which have been mixed for the very first time: Extrovert (from the 12 inch single of Grass), Let’s Make a Den, The Troubles, and Little Lighthouse.
Continuing with the “box set on a single disc” concept of the previous acclaimed releases in the series, the Blu-Ray features:
– 5.1 surround album mix in 24bit/96khz in LPCM and DTS HD MA
– The new stereo album mix in 24bit/96khz LPCM audio
– The four additional songs from the album sessions in both stereo and 5.1
– The original (uncorrected polarity) stereo album mix hi-res stereo
– The original (corrected polarity) stereo album mix in hi-res stereo
– Instrumental versions of all new mixes in 24bit/96khz LPCM audio
– A complete alternate album in demo form based on Todd Rundgren’s original sequence
– Numerous additional demo & work tape sessions showing the evolution of the album and associated recordings
– Promo films for “Dear God and “Grass”
The CD/Blu-Ray combination is presented in special packaging with expanded booklet and sleeve-notes by Andy Partridge, Colin Moulding and Dave Gregory.